Sunday, May 10, 2009

Review: Caffe Incontro, North Ryde

Big Breakfast - Sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, tomato, mushrooms and bacon

Oh Lazy Saturdays, how I love thee!

Well, it's been a while since I've had a bit of time to just relax and enjoy the morning sunshine. I woke up on Saturday morning absolutely starving and JL felt like demolishing a big breakfast before heading out to his soccer game. There was no food in the fridge or pantry, and alas, no soy milk in the fridge for my morning coffee.

JL knows better than to let me out of the house before my morning coffee, so he quickly locked me up in a cage, packed me into the car, and drove down to Cox's Road for some brekky.

Haha, I joke.
Mushroom and Cheese Omelette

Caffe Incontro is a family run cafe and the food there is very much like what you would get at home, except you pay to not have to get groceries, cook or do the washing up. We've been here a few times now, and if it weren't for the fact that we were really feeling like brekky as opposed to seafood/italian/the-most-amazing-charcoal-chicken around (I have not yet visited El Jannah's), I don't think this place would have crossed my mind.

I can't stress this enough, but homecookery is what best describes this place. As you can probably tell from the pictures, foie gras and truffles are definitely not on the menu, but they do a satisfactory job with what is available.

I was thoroughly disappointed with my soy cap though. The froth bubbles were GINORMOUS - to the extent where it was pop in your face as you tried to sip it. I don't think the person at the machine was the real barista. The coffee was fine the last time I visited the place, and I had a quick squiz at the coffees on other tables and they looked fine.

Oh well, can't have everything in the world.

Caffe Incontro
203 Cox's Road
North Ryde, NSW 2113
Tel: (02) 9888 9901

No comments:

Post a Comment