Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dear Readers: Broadening Horizons


This is a note to all my faithful readers and fellow bloggers out there to say that I will be jetting off tomorrow on a visit to Vietnam and Hong Kong during which I will not be able to access the blog to make any updates. That is not to say that there will be no one here to keep you company - AY will be here for a little longer before he meets up with JL and I in HK in a few weeks.

Hopefully the experience in Vietnam will broaden my perspective and understanding of food in general - there is much to be gained from learning about the culinary cultures from all around the world. Perhaps it would give me newfound appreciation of food; perhaps it will challenge what I already know. All I can say now is that I'm so wonderfully excited and nervous at the same time browsing through all the potential street food that I'm going to encounter (you couldn't begin to guess just how much time I've spent trawling through EatingAsia) and the variety of cooking courses on offer while I'm over there.

I will be taking PLENTY of photos during the visit - don't you all worry about that. Except I'll only be bringing my compact point-and-shoot in order to travel lightly. So wish me luck and I'll see you all on the other side of what will undoubtedly be an enlightening experience!

Ciao bella!
Love, WX
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. have a safe flight and eat heaps of awesome food dudes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh think of all the good food! I'm jealous! Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so jealous! have a great trip & see u when u get back :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great time not only eating but, like you said, learning about the traditions behind the food. After all, food with a story is great food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you all have a safe and wonderful time. Look forward to reading about your new food finds!

    Meanwhile, good meeting you AY at the blog award launch - rep for team Nom! :)

    ReplyDelete