Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Because trees are more fun when they bear fruit

Once in a while, when I finally get my act together, I would spit the dummy at the sight of the mess in my room and start on a cleaning rampage throughout the house. Floorboards would be scrubbed, along with all other surfaces, and any unwashed laundry would be promptly stuffed into the drum of a run-down washing machine and hung out to dry.

It is on rare occasions that I bother venturing into that garden of mine - which is a shame really, because I actually think I have a pretty nice garden with lots of fruiting trees.

This weekend, as I was hanging out the laundry on the line, a little something caught my attention in the corner of my eyes. At first I thought it was just a yellowing leaf, but then just as I turned back and resumed what I was doing, it suddenly occurred to me just how GINORMOUS that leaf was.

And so I moved closer...

and closer...

and closer...

and closer still...

And then I realised...

Hell no it ain't no yellowing-mutant-leaf! It was a STARFRUIT!

My baby tree was finally bearing fruit! And not one, but TWO beautiful babies! I quickly ran to grab my camera and took a few snaps and then proceeded to pick them before some bird found it.

Seriously I've spent half my life trying to fight off birds from my fruit trees, though I can't really blame them 'cos these homegrown fruits really do taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment