Monday, September 7, 2009

Review: Takumi, Haymarket

Who in the world wouldn't want $2.50/plate sushi train*? Definitely not me.

In a time where the world is still recovering from the damage caused by the GFC -- oh what the heck, I'd visit this place even if we weren't struck by the GFC. Mass loads of sushi is always a winner.

Takumi is a neat little place on the top level of Market City. If the low cost of each dish makes you somewhat nervous about the quality of the dish they serve - don't be. I think if I compared my overall satisfaction at the end of the meal from my experiences at Takumi and the $20 all-you-can-eat at Sushi Choo, Takumi wins hands down.

So, what do you feel like today?

Soft shell crab? Yes please.

Tempura prawn? Oh baby...

Chicken Kaarage?

The lonely Tamago? (I demolished the other one before I realised I needed to take a photo)

Personal favourite - Egg & Eel

Or perhaps the Eel & Cream Cheese?

Scallops?

Old-school Salmon Nigiri?

Transformer style Salmon & Tuna?

Tobiko lover? Why not try this?

Or perhaps with a little salmon to go with?

Or do you prefer your salmon lightly grilled?

Or maybe in a roll?

You can also order straight from the menu - as we did with the Takoyaki.

To top this off, the true gluttons out there will know this all too well already, but the sight of a mountain of towering empty plates will bring all too much satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment.

And it barely makes a dent in your wallet.

Takumi
Shop R3.02
Market City
9-13 Hay Street
Haymarket NSW 2000
Tel: (02) 9281 7200
Fax: (02) 9281 7288

*$2.50 for student prices - you need a student ID card. Otherwise it is $2.80/dish

1 comment:

  1. totally love this place. Dishes are now $3 (but still two-dolla fifty for students!)

    ReplyDelete