Thursday, July 2, 2009

Maybe I'm Amazed...

...or maybe a little jealous...

Last Saturday was HH's surprise 21st and farewell party. As much as I would love to steal the glory of the event, the idea was her boyfriend GW's.

I'm not going to say much in this post. I think the photos I'm about to show you will speak for themselves.
Might I add, GW was both the Chef de Cuisine and Sommelier on the night.

Thank you GW and BC for being such great hosts. The night was simply exquisite.

Menu? Yes. There were individual menus.

Preparing the strawberries and mint for the amuse bouche

Preparing the goat's cheese

Trio d'amuse bouche

matched with ... '08 McWilliam's Hanwood Estate Semillon Sauvignon Blanc

CC helping out with the entree

Salade de roquette aux poire

matched with...Mateus Rosé

And the main is slowly cooking away...

Poulet au gingembre et miel, Riz et mangetouts

matched with...'08 Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz

And lastly, Gâteau trufflé au chocolat

matched with... '07 Brown Brothers Orange Muscat & Flora

I leave you to scroll back up and savour the moment. Go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment