Thursday, October 29, 2009

Review: Dolce Latte Gelato & Pizza, Concord

Quattro Funghi (tomato, mozzarella, field mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, shitake mushrooms, swiss brown mushrooms, topped w fresh rocket) - $ 16.50 small

If only I had room in my stomach to order gelato after...

Once in a while it is always nice to visit the places which are close to home - the little places right on your doorstep which you always seem to miss because you are looking into the distance for a little adventure. Once in a while you decide to just reel yourself back in and relax a little, right in front of your little house on the prairie.

Mind you, my house is no house on the prairie, but you get the drift...

Tutto Quanto (tomato, mozzarella, pepperoni, ham, Italian sausage, mushroom, Spanish onion, roasted capsium, olives, (anchovies option)) - $17 small

I've frequently visited this little pizzeria and gelato bar down on Majors Bay Road. It's a little place that brings me fond memories of just sitting back and relaxing with my group of friends, enjoying some pizza under the sun and gelato for dessert. It's nothing fancy, but its lovely to be able to just ditch the knife and fork (even though it's provided) and pick up a slice of pizza with your hands and don a fat grin as you bite into the pizza.

The Quattro Funghi is something I can never pass up on my visit to Dolce Latte. I love mushroom to bits. Perhaps even to the extent that I could imagine my stomach wall to be sprouting these babies. The rocket is lovely to have with every mouthful of pizza and I always end up picking the last bits from the plate with my fingers.

The Tutto Quanto was a first try, and it was loaded with toppings in a very unauthentic manner. Not that it was a bad thing- it tasted excellent!

So how many people were there to finish the 2 pizzas? Two. And I had an entire one to myself. (YAY!) I think I nearly cried in guilt after I finished, but heck, I was hungry. I'll still probably be either fasting or going on a calorie-minimising diet for the next few days regardless, but the pizza was totally worth it.


Dolce Latte Gelato & Pizza
93 Majors Bay Road
Concord, NSW 2137
Tel: (02) 9743 0359

No comments:

Post a Comment